Josh Chandler Update

Monday, June 12, 2006

Monday Update (6/12/06)

**written by Cari**

Josh had a good day today. NO setbacks!!!! Yeah!! We were very excited about this. He seemed pretty comfortable all day, with the exception that he was moving his arms around a good bit (right more than left), but unfortunately not on command. No eye openings spotted today. I will say that mom and I were encouraged because as we were talking to him we asked him to hold up his thumb like we do everyday and he did. We thought it was just a fluke, so a minute or so later we asked him to do it again and he held both thumbs up. We were very excited, but of course he only did this for us, not his day shift nurse so her assessment of him had not changed (but hey, what do I know, I am only his sister, the nurse!!). He only did this one other time later in the day (Victoria Lowder saw him do it), but he wouldn't do it anymore for me. We will keep a close eye on this. I am hoping he will possibly do more tomorrow. As far as his lungs are concerned they only moved the ventilator settings down very minutely - which I am okay with. Josh is hanging in there, so keep praying.

Many of you have inquired as to what I am doing for work. I have a wonderful boss and understanding coworkers and 6 weeks of PTO (paid time off), so I am taking a personal leave. I am doing fine for the moment, but I will return to work when Josh stablizes a good bit more. I am needed here right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home