Josh Chandler Update

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Steps Forward! (6/24/06)

Hi everyone! I hope that you all are enjoying you weekend. Today was a much better day for the Chandlers.

Josh had a pretty good day today. The doctors did not attempt to turn down the ventilator settings any, but Josh seems to do best when they leave him where he is for a day or so then attempt the changes. They said he was breathing much better today and his oxygen level was staying right where it needed to be. Josh also seemed to be more alert today. He kept his eyes open longer than he usually does (mama even said he looked at her then turned and looked at dad). I do not believe he was focusing, but they were quite encouraged by it. Josh also seemed to follow commands better tonight than he has in awhile. His night nurse tonight said he opened his eyes, squeezed her hand, wiggled his toes, and gave a thumbs up on the right all on command. How wonderful!!!! Josh has not needed as much medication today as he has in previous days. Also a plus, because the more he gets the sleepier he is to try and follow commands. Hopefully they have found a combination to help alleviate agitation, but not make him too out of it. All in all today was a good day for Josh. Best part was, my dad got to see him do all of this. It is hard for him to see progress when he is only here on the weekends.

I, unfortunately, did not get to see any of his progress today. I am just living through the eyes of my mom, dad, and the nurses. I came home to Columbia today to get some things done and to see my puppy and my kitties - I really miss them. I am going to attend my church in the morning then return to Chapel Hill in the afternoon. I am very happy that I do not have to report any setbacks! I pray you all have a blessed Sunday. Thank you for your continued prayers. We love you all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home