Josh Chandler Update

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Glory to the Father (from Josh's dad)

TO ALL OUR FRIENDS, BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN CHRIST,

Today is Father's Day, and I am in Chapel Hill, N.C. visiting my son. As you know he is in intensive care after a serious auto accident. For the last 16 days, he has been in a coma and on a ventilator. As all of you know, it's very difficult to see your child sick or injured. You would rather it be you. I believe that nothing can hurt a parent more than to see his child in a situation like Josh is in. It's incredibly hard to see Josh just lying in the bed, knowing that you can do nothing to help him physically. More people have seen me cry over this than any other time in my life. As you would expect, this has been heart-wrenching for Barb, Cari, and I.
However, this e-mail is not about our problem. I want it to be a letter of Praise and Thanks to all of you.

Some of you have heard me say some of these things, but most of you have not. I need and must do so again!
From the beginning, Barb and I have decided not to be bitter, but better from this. We have only 2 questions of GOD about this chapter in our family's lives. The first is, "what does GOD want us to learn from this?" The second is, "how can we make sure that GOD receives the Glory and Honor from all that happens?" As incredibly difficult as this has been, GOD has shown his love to us in exceedingly, abundant ways. Through other people and Christian friends, GOD has shown us how much he loves us. We know that thousands of people are praying for us and Josh! I know of people in South America, Russia, Guam, and Canada are praying for our Josh. Even Laura Bush has heard of Josh's accident and is praying for him! I don't have time to give you that story. So MANY people and Christians have done so much for our family during this time. They have given their time, talents, and money to help us. Our church, Grace Baptist Church, has done so much for us. They have shown their love to us. They have sacrificed for us. They have driven to Chapel Hill to see us giving up their day. They have cried as we have cried. They have shown the love of Christ to us. They are family !!!
I want you to know that GOD's family is greater that just Grace Baptist Church. A special thank you to Falls Road Baptist Church here in Rocky Mount, NC for all they have done for us. Also, many other Christian friends have come by to visit us, give us food, money, a phone call, and a hug as well. They have heard of Josh's situation and wanted to stop by and let us know that they are concerned for us, praying for us, and love us. It has been enormously encouraging to Barb, Cari, and I. There will come a time in your life that is so overwhelming, that without the love and support of others, you won't make it through it. I have learned at this time, it is important to let others help you and demonstrate the love of God to you. Accepting everyone's help is very humbling to me.
I can't tell you how special each of you have been to me and my family. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Please continue to pray for Josh, Barb, Cari, and I. At times we may seem down, but we are confident in the victory that GOD has planned for Josh and us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home