Josh Chandler Update

Friday, June 23, 2006

Thursday Update: 6/22/06

Josh had a pretty decent day today. They kept him medicated when he was agitated, but it seemed to hold him longer than before, so it didn't seem as though they were giving it to him as often as they have the past two days. I hope that is a good sign. They were able to turn down the ventilator settings just a little bit more today. He tolerated the new settings fine. Again, good sign. Finally at the end of the evening Josh did give a thumbs up to his friend Brandon Godwin and his family. Josh was beginning to settle down by the time mom and I had left.

Okay, big prayer request for tomorrow the 23rd, Josh is having his surgery for the trach and feeding tube placement. This is scheduled for 9:30am. Now whether or not surgery is running on time is another question. Also, Josh cannot have a fever or show any signs of infection tonight or they will cancel the surgery and reschedule for next week, because it is more of risk for complications if an infection is present. Besides, I really like this surgeon, and I would rather her do it tomorrow than someone else next week.

I was able to get away today for a couple of hours and visit a patient of mine that got a double lung transplant in March at Duke University. It was wonderful to see her (Mabel Hall - for those of you who know who I am talking about). She looked great! She is staying at the Ronald McDonald house in Durham. I got a tour and then we she took me to a Duke bookstore and I bought Josh a Cameron Crazies t-shirt and a pin that says, "Yes, I am a Duke fan"!!! I am going to make a cute sign above his bed to put it on so everyone will know just what kind of fan he is - as if his room doesn't give it away!

I just don't feel like I can say this enough, but thank you for all of your prayers and emails and visits and calls. My family really appreciates it, and we are overwhelmed by the love shown by you all. Thank you!!!

1 Comments:

  • Hey. this is Matt Baker. Josh will know who I am. I live in HIckory, NC. I have been praying for ya'll since day 1. I went to PCC with josh. If you get a chance, visit my blogspot at mattbakerministries.blogspot.com!!!
    God Bless!

    By Blogger matt baker ministries, at 8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home