Josh Chandler Update

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Tuesday Update: 6/20/06

Good evening to all. I hope that your day was better than ours, but we made it through.

Josh had a very rough and frustrating day today. It started out with Josh being very agitated and fighting against the ventilator. This pretty much continued all day with the exception of 10-15 minutes here and there. They gave him lots of medicine to calm him down, but that really didn't work today. I couldn't figure out what was causing him to be this way, and neither could anyone else. On top of this Josh flirted with a fever all day. I think he lost about 2 pounds of sweat in all his fighting!

Mom and I are going in early in the morning to talk with the doctors about his progress. We haven't crossed paths with them in the last 2 days and I believe tomorrow afternoon or early Thursday morning will be when they do the trach - we'll know more once we talk with the doctor. Josh needs it because he really pushes against the ET tube (tube that is down his throat right now). I think that this surgery will relieve alot of his anxiety which, I believe, causes him to be somewhat agitated. I would be if I had a tube down my throat for 18 days. They were able to wean the ventilator a little bit more today, but Josh didn't tolerate it as well as he has in previous days.

When we finally left for the evening he was resting peacefully - praise God. It was very difficult to watch him today, knowing I really couldn't do anything for him. I think he probably wore himself out from all of the day's activities. I pray that tomorrow goes much better. I'll keep you posted. Have a wonderful day tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home