Josh Chandler Update

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Tuesday Update (More Thumbs) - 6/13/06

**Cari**

Hello to all. Josh had a pretty restful day today. He was not moving around like he was yesterday - I guess all of that movement wore him out, so mom and I just watched Josh sleep all day. How exciting!!! He didn't even give a shout out to his friend Brandon and his dad when they came to visit. We thought that sleeping was all that we were going to get, but tonight when they tried to take him off of his sedation and change him to oral (feeding tube) pain medication he became pretty uncomfortable and restless (it was obvious by his breathing heavy and grimacing), so they had to restart the iv medication. During the time when he was hurting he was moving around a good bit - so I bugged him like usual and he did give me the thumbs up twice. This time his nurse saw him, so we were pleased with his progress even though the poor baby was hurting. When I left him tonight he looked like he was resting comfortably. I pray this continues tonight and tomorrow brings more progress.

If all goes well, Friday is the target date to have the trach and feeding tube placed. This would require surgery. I am still a little anxious about this, but I know it is the right thing to do, and the best part is that it is only temporary. I tell everyone my head knows it is the right thing to do, but my heart is having a difficult time with it. Anyway, we will have to see how it all plays out.

Thank you all for the cards and emails you have sent to me and my family. They are very encouraging. It is nice to feel so loved when you are so far away from home. I pray you all have a wonderful Wednesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home