Josh Chandler Update

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Two Updates: 7/30 - 7/31

Good evening all. I pray that you are all having a good Monday. I am sorry that I didn't get an update out Saturday or Sunday, but I am currently in the process of getting my computer worked on. Hopefully in the next few days I will have it back.

Josh is doing okay. He had a pretty okay weekend. He was alert a good bit of the time especially since he didn't have as much therapy this weekend. Today he returned to 3 hour therapy so he is pretty tired. He is getting a little agitated (and a little frustrated too, I think) again, but this is something to be expected. They are giving him medicines to help out with some of this. This agitation means his brain cells are firing so he is trying to heal. He is doing well in all of his therapy. He is picking his right leg up off of the bed on command pretty well. He is doing better with holding his head up by himself, although he is still weak. He sometimes can move some of the fingers on his left hand which is something more than what he has been doing in the past. For this I am very thankful. Today they put him on tilt board which is something they use to help him try to stand. They strap him to a board that they slowly tilt upward to a standing position. He doesn't do this on his own, it is just to help put weight through his legs to help strengthen them. He is talking a little, but most of the time it is just sounds and you cannot always understand him. Once he coordinates his tongue movements he should be able to speak better. All in all he is making progress, just some days are better than others.

Due to outside circumstances Josh had to have his room changed. This is a good move, trust me. So, his new address is the same with only a change in room numbers.

Josh Chandler
Charlotte Institute of Rehabilitation
1100 Blythe Road
Room 114-1
Charlotte, NC 28203

Thank you for you continued prayers. We love you all.

1 Comments:

  • Hey I just wanted to let you guys know that I am praying for Josh. A couple of summers ago Josh and my brother Bryan were good friends and Josh stayed at our house a few weekends because we live close to Camp. Josh was always a lot of fun to have around. I loved the way he always laughed and made us all laugh with him. My whole family is praying for ya'll. God Bless

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home