Josh Chandler Update

Monday, June 26, 2006

More Improvements! (6/25/06)

Hello and good evening to everyone. I pray that you all had a good weekend. Dad and I had safe trips back and forth from Columbia to Chapel Hill and vice versa. We waved as we passed each other on the highway!

Josh had a very good weekend. It was the most alert that he has been so far. I was quite impressed with all that he was doing when I walked in to his room this evening. All his nurses have said that he is following more commands for them as well. I am VERY encouraged. Josh also has not needed as much medication as he has previously which I really feels helps with clarity in thinking so he can follow commands.

When I walked in Josh's room tonight his eyes were open and he kept them that way for a little while. He even looked over at me, but I don't think he was focusing very well. I asked Josh lots of questions tonight and he was responding by squeezing my hand (ON PURPOSE!!) and wiggling his toes on command. Let's see, I asked him if he loved me and of course he squeezed my hand (he better or he might be hurting later!!!) and wiggled his toes. I asked him if he was in pain and he did not squeeze my hand. FYI a squeeze is a yes and no squeeze is a no tonight. Mom asked him if he was praying to be able to come out of this and he squeezed my hand and wiggled his toes as well. I asked him if he was cold and he practically pushed my hand out of the way, I took that as a big NO! Josh is very hot natured guy. Best of all we talked for about 10 minutes and he had purposeful movement for all of my questions and he responded immediately. It also looked as if he was trying to talk but he can't right now because of the tube in his throat. He is moving both of his arms and his left leg well, but not as much on the right leg so we will have to see if this improves. I really believe that Josh is in there, it is just going to take a little while to get him back to his old self. I believe that God has great things still planned for him and what a testimony he can have when this is all said and done.

They did not change any of the ventilator settings today, but I know they will begin to wean them back down as the week progresses. His oxygen level has been very good today as well. He did have a fever today so we will have to keep an eye on that. Otherwise things are looking good.

Thank you all again for your continued prayers. We love you all.

Love ya,
Cari

1 Comments:

  • Just wanted to let you know that my husband and I are praying for Joshua. We're keeping up with the updates since we heard of the accident. Of course, none of this is a surprise to our great God. Josh is a good friend. We can't wait for him to heal and be able to catch up. Josh knew me as "Gonzo" or "Mel". He used to pat me on the head and say "boing, boing"...to which I'd pretend to be annoyed by.

    We love you, Josh!
    Bryan and Melissa McKinnon

    By Blogger Bryan and Mel, at 8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home